With a vision of community Christian fellowship and being led by the Holy Spirit Mrs. Isadore Dunman and 49 other people met for a Sunday School on July 5th 1936. On July 21st, 1936 Arlington First Baptist Church was organized with 21 charter members. In 1937 the church joined the Yadkin County Baptist Association. The first pastor of the church was Reverend Grady Burgess who led the building program for the church, and Arlington First Baptist Church was brought to fruition. The bell that was used to ring in services for the church and is still in use today, came from the Old Star Peak School.